Friday, January 24, 2014

Catch up

It's been a few days since I wrote in my blog. Monday nothing exciting happened.  exercise , laundry, first Deacon meeting.That was exciting to me. It was a pot luck and the food was great the company was awesome. It is great to be in a room with 14 other church leaders. I am on the worship committee. Not sure yet  my duties, but Feb 1, we are having a training class, from opening the sanctuary doors to closing them after service. Mom and Dad's 64th wedding anniversary. Dad is not with us any longer, But mom says she's still married! We started getting warning of a big bad winter weather storm. Our church started it's week of Winter Relief, we generally take the homeless in for the night a four pm and then they leave a 7 am. but the weather is so cold that they were trying to decide the best way to handle the situation.

Tuesday -21st, ,  Schools closed the night before  the temp is in the neg degrees. Gary got to come home  early, snow was only about 4 inches. Very cold

Wednesday- 22nd  I was suppose to start my new job, but because of the weather they canceled the orientation class until the 30th. So I stayed home and stayed warm!

Thursday 23rd.  Got my unemployment check, went out for a short time to take care of banking and mail, came home. did Laundry, vacuumed upstairs stayed warm.

Friday- 24th, today after exercising I went to the Mall and walked, picked up a new Atkins cookbook. looks like normal food is used, looking forward to using it. Need to get this weight off.
A friend had surgery today, because she broke her leg last Saturday. Prayers said for her. Prayers for my family in Michigan  for the loss of my cousin.

No comments: