Sunday, January 12, 2014

Addiction ... It could happen to you!

I never thought I had an addictive personality, in that I never thought I could be addicted to anything.

I smoked when I was younger,  but quit cold turkey when I more to Baltimore in 1988. I drink occasionally (I say as I am drinking a glass of wine), but never heavy and generally not at all.

But about two weeks before Christmas 2013, I thought I would try a harmless Facebook game  of Candy Crush..Little did I know I would be overtaken with this insatiable need to continue to play and not just candy Crush, but :words of wisdom, family feud and many others I don't remember the names of, just shooting bubbles, fruit, you name it!

I found my self sitting on the sofa all day just playing, I never paid in money to play, just got energy from other addicts, so I told myself it's okay. I'm okay ,I can stop any time. I found out I was annoying my Facebook  friends that don't play the games... I don't to lose them.Then at night when I closed my eyes all I see is letters, fruits, bubbles, pudding !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It had to come to an end.  Last Wednesday I deleted all the games off my face book page. Sent a message, admitting I was an addict and apologized to my friends .I know now,I can't handle it. I have been  fb game free for  5 days now! Yeah me.. cold turkey!

No comments: