Friday, March 21, 2014

Lent March 21.2014

God, I know that You want me to be like salt on the earth, like a candle in the dark, a lighthouse on a hill, so that others will come to You. Cleanse me anew that I will be a witness for You. Show me how You want to penetrate the darkness of my domain with Your light. Help me to be a positive influence in the places where I live, work, study, play. Thank you, Lord.

I never realized how hard it is to give up something until now. I have learned that I am selfish, lack willpower, eat more than I should, and the wrong types of food, don't exercise like I should, and when I am not busy at home I procrastinate. I was told Sunday's don't count for lent. ( I don't think I would be strong enough to let it go for a day)

At work I am totally different. I am organized, reliable, and  motivated. I can't say for sure why I am that way.But I know it is something I have to work on.

*************
Food. I love bread, pasta, rolls, cookies, if it has carbs I love it! There is very little easy to cook ,fast food to make that doesn't have carbs. One day is a moment of weakness I ate 2 bagels, like they were the last bagels on earth. I have worked so hard just to sabotage myself. Tomorrow we are taking our daughter and girls out to lunch to celebrate our youngest 5th birthday, And they want pizza. I need to something else to eat, maybe a salad.

I have gone through 14 eggs so far, and salad!!!  I have had chicken, fish, tuna salad on the salad,  Just haven't lost but two pounds. I need to exercise too! I know if I combine the two activities, it would be more likely to work, but I procrastinate. Oh I have all night I can do it later, tomorrow, after my nap... 

Facebook . Not so bad, I do feel like I am missing alot. Looking forward to updating myself after lent, however, one of the reason I gave up facebook for lent was because one night Gary said the when he comes in from work , I say hi to him but I don't look up  computer or get up off the sofa.. I have been off the computer when he comes home, greet him with a kiss and don't get back on the computer until after dinner, I didn't realize I was doing that . I know that what is happening in my home with my husband is way more interesting than what's on the computer!

No comments: